My name is Sandy Hardian Susanto Herho. I hold a bachelor degree in Meteorology from Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia. My undergraduate research and work experience were mainly in historical climate and climate modelling. Hence, paleoclimatology appeal to me as well. Personally, I'm keen on exploring the feasibility of using biostratigraphy in high-resolution climate reconstruction. In addition, I am also open to the possibility of other research topics as long as they are within the scope of the reconstruction of the tropical climate. One of the results of the undergraduate research, using only one of the GCM output, which I presented at the 98th AMS Annual Meeting shows one significant change in the drought trend in the Maritime Continent on the Medieval Climatic Optimum (MCO) shift to Little Ice Age (LIA).
I'm currently working as a Research Assistant at the Weather and Climate Prediction Laboratory (WCPL) ITB, Bandung, Indonesia. During my work here I handled a lot of research problems ranging from flood management, computational meteology, to the boundary layer meteorology topics.
Weather and Climate Prediction Laboratory ITB July 2017 – Present
- Working as a research assistant in air pollution research project in Bandung under the supervision of I Dewa Gede Agung Junnaedhi GMT, M.Si., Edi Riawan, M.T., and Dr. Rusmawan Suwarman.
- Working as a research assistant in heat flux research project in Bandung under the supervision of I Dewa Gede Agung Junnaedhi GMT, M.Si. and Faiz Rohman Fajary, M.Si.
- Working as a research assistant in a flood mapping research project in Baleendah, Bandung Regency using an Android-based mapping application under the supervision of Edi Riawan, M.T., Dr. Rusmawan Suwarman, and I Dewa Gede Junnaedhi GMT, M.Si.
- Working as an assistant in the Jakarta micrometeorology observation project under the supervision of I Dewa Gede Agung Junnaedhi GMT, M.Si. (ITB), and Dr. Atsushi Inagaki (Titech).
- Working as a writer of computational meteorology lectures using Python under the supervision of M.Ridho Syahputra, M.Si.
- Working on a translation of the WRF-Python documentation into Bahasa Indonesia under the supervision of Dr. Nurjanna Joko Trilaksono.
PT ARA IndonesiaMarch 2018 – April 2018
- Used statistical methods to analyze data and generated useful psychology reports under the su-pervision of Dr. Yoseﬁni Rasyanti Munthe.
PT Sejahtera Alam EnergyOctober 2017 – November 2017
- Conducting groundwater exploration in Cilongok sub-district, Banyumas, Central Java using Vertical Electrical Sounding (VES) method under the CSR Programme of PT Sejahtera Alam Energy (SAE) under the supervision of Dr. Plato Marrtuani Siregar and Marlison Justiana Sinaga, M.T.
Applied Geology Research Group ITBAugust 2017 – September 2017
- Writing a research proposal about Borobudur Basin geoarcheological reconstruction using Principle Component Analysis of the pollen spectra under the supervision of Dr. Johan Arif.
Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia2011 – 2017
Bachelor degree in Meteorology with specialization in Environmental Meteorology.
Bachelor thesis: "Analysis of Drought Influences to Socio-Historical Events Over the Maritime Continent During The Last Millennium".
Academic advisors: M. Ridho Syahputra, M.Si., Dr. Rusmawan Suwarman.
HTML 5, CSS 3, LaTeX.
GNU/Linux (Centos, Ubuntu, Debian), Windows.